Friday, October 15, 2010

YOG - Table Tennis

I was going to let this event slip away into history until I realised that the YOG was unlikely to come back to Singapore again during my lifetime, and not, in any event, soon enough for me to remember what the 'Y' in YOG stood for.

And that is why I made it a point to go watch at least one event 'live' - and that was table tennis at the Indoor Stadium. What I didn't know at the time I made the decision was that tickets actually came with some nifty souvenirs, which was kind of cool.



The atmosphere at the Indoor Stadium was good too....





The last major multi-sports event Singapore hosted was the SEA Games in 1993. I was half my age, two thirds of my present weight and had double the enthusiasm towards life and the future. Oh, I was also a student Guest Relations officer at the Games. It was with that nostalgia in mind that I asked to take a picture with this particular bevy... I would not have been able to do this in 1993 mind, for I was far too shy then...

No comments:

Post a Comment