Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Macau-Hong Kong Double-Bill -HK

Some of you may later ask why there are so few pictures from the second part of my journey. The reason is because I lost my lap-top soon after we arrived at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. CCTV later showed that the bell-boy inadvertently left my lap-top bag in the boot of the taxi. When the police contacted the taxi driver however, he said he could not find anything. Just swell.

When I did get over it the next day, I found it in myself to take some pictures of the International Finance Centre as well as the shopping complexes at Causeway Bay. Nothing off the beaten track admittedly, and probably familiar to most who have been to Hong Kong.





Lunch at Soho was a bit more interesting however... It was at a gourmet burger joint, where I ordered the biggest, meatiest burger for size... I had trouble finishing it, but I'm sure the two mutts which I later saw having their Sunday walk would not have found it challenging....





This nifty contraption is what accompanies you while you wait for your burger to be processed. When your order is ready, it lights up and vibrates!



And this be my burger meal...



Just before I left for Singapore, I had some time to burn so headed for Citygate at Tung Chung, since it is so close to the airport. It contains a discount outlet for just about every well-known brand which you could name in Hong Kong. I know more than one girl who would go absolutely batty over there...




I spent a bit more time photographing at the Burberry's outlet because one of my best friends is a big fan. I was just about to snap a picture of a row of shoes which would surely have gotten her excited when the manager came running out from a hidden alcove, gesticulating and yelling that I was not supposed to take pictures. Oh well.. You can't be too careful nowadays. As part of my diabolical plan, I was so going to sell their top secret shoe formula to their hated competitors...




No comments:

Post a Comment