Saturday, October 2, 2010

YOG Full Dress Rehearsal

On 7 August, a friend had tickets so we headed down to the floating platform for the full dress rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games. I was skeptical at first but it took just a few performances for me to conclude that this was one of the best spectacles I had ever seen. The atmosphere, the surroundings, everything... I was so proud I almost cried.

In fact, I told myself I would never pay money once more to watch a Cirque du Soleil performance. Why pay to watch foreign acts in an enclosed auditorium when you can watch an equally splendid performance by the future of Singapore under the stars, with the city skyline as a backdrop?





The Ceremony was divided into Chapters... Each with a different theme, but all equally stunning. My only regret is that we had to leave early so as to honour a barbecue appointment....






No comments:

Post a Comment