Monday, February 7, 2011

Winter Escapade - Transit To Dongguan

Following our satisfying lunch at Shenzhen, we proceeded to take the High Speed train to Dongguan - the same one that I had taken when I went to the Asian Games with my Dad.

Funny though. Then, there was hardly a queue for tickets despite the world's attention being on that part of China. This time, the ticket centre was choc-a-bloc. People rushing back to their hometowns for the New Year, possibly.



This was the inside of the train. Can't remember if I posted on previous occasions. But you will notice that this would be recurring theme of this trip. I have pictures of myself with my Dad, of myself and my Mum, but harldy of them both together and none where all three of us are inside. Oh well. Ho hum.




The train journey was uneventful and we debarked at Dongguan Station. This is how it looks like.





Dongguan is very much a factory district and it is said that a large part of the world's branded clothes and shoes are manufactured here. Unlike, bigger cities like Shenzhen and Guangzhou, the city, as well as it outlying towns, have a more working class feel to it.



Anyhow, we thought that Dongguan would be small compared to Shenzhen. But it wasn't. The ride to the hotel took upwards of an hour - which meant that it was greater than the distance from Changi to Tuas. And the taxi driver said it was near. Well, being in China certainly puts the concept of size in perspective ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment