Sunday, February 27, 2011

Auditions At Mediacorp

A while ago, I saw an ad on the TV asking for potential contestants for a local gameshow. Seeing that I had never really been on TV before, much less a gameshow, and that years before, my sis had appeared on a couple of episodes of the Pyramid Game, I thought, "What the heck, might as well try something before I get old." And so I signed up.

My first trip down to Caldecott Hill was for a 20-question written test. Questions ranged from "What was the -..." Hey wait. Let me read the Terms and Conditions of the Application Form first....

Ok, I'm back. There is a clause saying I should not give information about the programme. Is an audition part of a programme? Hmmm.... Vague. But to be on the safe side, I will not give any further information which would conclusively identify the show for which I auditioned.

A week later, I was informed that I had made it through to the 2nd Round. This consisted of a SUPER LONG questionnaire, a two minute introduction of myself in front of a video camera, and a face-to-face interview. It was all very interesting. I'd love to tell you all some of the questions and the answers I gave but...Not yet, not until I'm unequivocally told that I can...

So, let's content ourselves with a view of the lobby of Mediacorp, looking out from the inside...



A side, waiting reception which greets visitors the minute they enter past the electronic gantry. I guess its for people to tend to any last minute clearance or admin work.



And presenting.... Contestant No. 1103!....

No comments:

Post a Comment