Friday, November 5, 2010

Holiday Triple Bill - Malaysia

Hello everybody...

Where do I start? First of all, I would like to say that I had intended on giving continuous, contemporaneous updates of my travel, but try as I might, I could not get through to Blogger.com in China. Apparently, neither can one get through to Facebook. I might have just been my laptop but I had no accessibility problems in Hong Kong.

But first, back to the start....

As mentioned in my previous posts, we started on our expedition to Malaysia on the night of the 4th, the eve of Deepavali. I'm glad to say the expected jam at the Causeway was better than expected because the night before, I had to persuade, threaten, beg, cajole and plead with my friend to not only set off on the 4th, but also to take leave on Monday.

She was still skeptical as to why we needed to spend 4 days in Malaysia, but acquiesced very, very reluctantly.

Our journey commenced at Johor Bahru, where we strolled around the bustling streets which were teeming in anticipation of Deepavali celebrations at midnight.



The bus, however, got held up at Larkin for almost an hour and we only hit the North-South highway around 2am, which was no bad thing under the circumstances, since despite the delays, we arrived at Bukit Jalil, KL at 5am, far too early to go anywhere else.




All in good time, however, the station opened, and we were on our way to the city centre, where we stopped at the Petronas Towers to take pictures. I know I already had some pictures of the Towers a few posts back, so I won't bore you with more of the same, save for one picture which shows them up close.



Much more interesting in my opinion would have been the curry-laksa we had for breakfast at Petaling Street (Chinatown). Containing chicken, tao pok and hum, it cost RM 3 (less than S$2). We also had Mee Cheng Kueh, freshly baked - I can't remember the cost but it was cheap.




Now, remember I said that I told my friend we were going to spend 4 days in Genting but that there was a twist? When she didn't seem that surprised that we were heading Southwards towards the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) instead of Northwards towards Genting, I was the one who was a little taken aback. "I wonder whether we will be heading anywhere from Hong Kong," she commented.

"B-but.. How did you know? As in- "



P.S:- Oh and Jac, if you are reading, you are now officially the only one left who respects privacy. Well done!!!

1 comment: