Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Triple Bill - Hong Kong

Remember in one of my earlier posts, I said that I had lost my laptop bag in Hong Kong and CCTV showed that the bell boy had forgotten to take it out of the car booth?

Well, just when I was about to be paid my insurance claim for the lost items, a call from Hong Kong came in, saying that my laptop had been found and was residing happily and safely at Wong Tai Sin police station. In a way, that was far from good news - I had already set my eye on a particularly cheap model I had seen at Challenger but more importantly, how was I to get my laptop back?

And then this opportunity and brainwave struck. Even better, the gracious people at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong extended me a free nights stay for the inconvenience experienced during my last trip and even made arrangements to retrieve the laptop from the police station. So my lodging in Hong Kong, at a 5-star hotel no less, was taken care of.





To me, Hong Kong is Hong Kong and some scenery looks good no matter how many times you snap it. After a value-for-money of made-to-order beef noodles (you choose the ingredients, they make) at Wellington Street....




We made our way across the channel from Hong Kong Island to Tsim Sha Tsui...




Whereupon we visited the former Marine Police headquarters, now turned into something of an upmarket mall cum restaurant area. Think Chijmes, only more uppity.



Don't ask me why, but we walked all the way down Nathan Road to Mongkok, where the lights were still blazing at midnight.




Lan Gui Fang is some sort of a pilgrimage so of course we went there. You can see that lots of people felt the same way too.



We woke the next day when the hotel delivered complimentary morning tea, which was of a high standard.



Check out the view from our hotel room. It would have been quite good if not for the pervading mist...



I don't know why my friend insisted on going all the way to Causeway Bay to get cookies from Jenny Bakery. They're good, mind...



Lunch was a pork platter (ie. almost everything that was once part of a pig) that caught my eye. It was not the cheapest thing around but it was satisfying.



That done, we got out by tram and were ready for the next leg of our journey...


No comments:

Post a Comment