Saturday, October 5, 2013

Walking The Talk

A long time ago, just after I suffered a very bad broken leg and fluffed my A levels because of a bad relationship, my Dad asked me what I planned to do and if I had any regrets.

I answered with conviction then that it was just like a poker game. I had foolishly traded in my Aces for Twos - or so some thought. But that everyone would stop and watch when I opened Two after Two after Two after Two - 4 of a kind.

***********

I miss my Dad so much these days. It is just like yesterday when we were just sitting down watching football together. Yesterday's ATM - Lions XII game brought back so many memories.

But he has moved on - he was brave to the end - he truly walked tall and strong, silently without the talk. I am now faced with uncertainty and a challenge far greater than any I have ever faced before. I don't know if I have any more cards to be dealt, let alone how to find my 4 of a Kind. But I still remember how I once talked the talk.

Now to execute. I will try to walk the walk in my Dad's memory. And I hope even though I do not see him, he is walking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment