Monday, October 7, 2013

Blast From The Past - Putrajaya

I happened to be looking through my Blog and I saw that there was a post under Draft. I realised it was something that I was writing about way back in 2011, when I was still an avid poster. And then I realised that I had found the cut-off point from when I stopped blogging regularly.

Below was what I had written as a continuation to my series of posts about a journey my Dad and I had taken to KL to watch Liverpool in 2011.

Things were certainly different then. I had not started my MBA, life was less complicated... I was not yet a cancer patient... And Dad was still here... See the bounce in my writing below?:-

******************

Putrajaya is Malaysia's fairly new administrative capital, where all the ministries and most government bodies are found. It is also relatively close to both Bukit Jalil and Bandar Tasik Selatan, from where we were to catch our ride home, which is why I chose to stay there for the second day.

Having stayed in spartan conditions for the first day, I couldn't put my 73-year-old Dad through another like ordeal, could I? So we stayed at the Putrajaya Shangri-la. Not that we had a lot of cheaper alternatives, for Putrajaya is like a Malaysian city unlike no other, where the roads are clean the streets are lit by ornate street lamps and where bridges criss-cross and a beautiful lake. If I am not wrong Wikitravel referred to it as Malaysia's "megalomaniac new administrative" capital. There are thus only 5-star hotels there.

******************

These were the pictures I was going to post then but somehow did not. I do so now, more than two years too late...

They are all jumbled up, like my life since then. I would have then, but I will neither sort nor describe them now...

No comments:

Post a Comment