Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Station In Life

A very high-ranking, but wonderfully nice, officer in my fine company sent me this questionnaire, thinking it may help me chart my course for the foreseeable future...

I of course answered as honestly as I could...

*************

1. What is your current job? How long have you worked there?
- The question is complex. How do you define job? How do you define work?


2. What are your career aspirations?
- To be rich enough to buy Manchester United


3. What are you most proud of?
- The fact that I’m still going despite the fact that I’ve nothing to be proud of.


4. What has been your biggest disappointment?
- The fact that I’ve nothing to be proud of. Duh…..


5. What are the three things I should know about you?
- I’m darn cool
- But nobody thinks so
- But that’s only cos I’m darn sway


6. What tips would you give me to work effectively with you?
- What makes you think you need any tips. I’m so easy to work with. I’m the epitome of niceness
- Oh but, of course, you should know I’m almost always right
- Gimme lots of freebies/ $$$$ (ie. Pay me lot of $$ if you are my superior, always gimme extra food if you are not, which is not to say you can’t still do so even if you are)


7. What’s missing in your life? What would make your life more fulfilling?

Missing:-

- $$$
- Paige Chua
- Any equivalent who is pretty, intelligent and devoted.


What would make it more fulfilling:-

- $$$
- Paige Chua
- Any equivalent who is pretty, intelligent and devoted


8. What do you want to work on? Think of this from a standpoint of expanding your potential rater than fixing faults. How will you know that you have achieved this goal? What will be different in your life that you can point to and say “yes I have achieved it”?
1) Earning lost of $$$$
2) Being in a stable relationship with Paige Chua and/or any equivalent who is pretty, intelligent and devoted
3) Owning Manchester United

Proof of Pudding:-

1)I have S$3 billion in bank account
2)I’m lapping it up in some beach in the Carribean with Paige Yeo (Yup, Yeo’s my surname)
3)Or watching my favourite team play at Old Trafford from the owner’s box.


**********
But seriously, it is superiors like that who have a sense of humour (I think, cos she said it was funny), who don't talk you down, who have no airs and who are willing to teach, which ameliorates the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment