Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Food For The Sole

Those of you who have read my last post may for some reason have inferred that I am not too happy with life at this moment. (Whatever made you think that?)

In fact, I have grown so frustrated with my lot that I have stopped going out for lunch. Just before you start to worry about my mental and physical health however, fear not, I am neither emotionally unstable nor physically malnourished. Let me explain that though I have a much smaller workspace in my new office, the food at the pantry so far has been immaculate.

The peanut cookies, to me at least, have been the best of pantry fare I have seen in the past three years of employment here.




The chocolate wafers aren't too shabby either....



And then there is the almost never ending supply of tidbits which my colleagues pass around. This being the Chinese New Year period, the flavour of the month is Lunar New Year goodies...



Not to mention the very delicious Bak Kwa, though it has to be said that this item does not occur in abundance - normal people have to keep their eyes peeled. For me, however, my colleagues, knowing of my notorious love for that item, let me know of its availability whenever it surfaces....



So those of you hoping that the latest setback would see me slim down, think again. I'll eat to that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment