Monday, December 20, 2010

An Experience Twice Re-moved

Been some days since the last post innit?

No, it's not that I have been recovering from the psychological trauma of blogging about my fall (literal, figurative, metaphoric or otherwise...)

It's just that once again, providence and a combination of factors have conspired to inhibit my prolificness as far as posting is concerned. You will, if you have been reading my blog, remember that my department had been in the midst of shifting premises because of a merger between companies. That, coupled with the fact that I inexplicably lost the USB connection device of my digital camera, meant that the propensity for good, quality articles was greatly reduced (or more reduced than it already was).

Things are better now however, as armed with a borrowed Memory Card Reader and a spanking new work space, I am now able to blog in relative comfort...ahem... during working hours.

But that was not before a frantic Friday the week before when the temporary 'Swing Area' which we had inhabited for three weeks resembled the American Embassy shortly before the fall of Saigon, as we tried to stuff everything that we had to bring with us into boxes and everything else into garbage bags...




Not that I was that stressed. Because of my designation, I am in a privileged position - I do not belong to any specific department. Or you could say I am a department of one, such that I do not have any collective files. No collective files = far less packing. So while there was mayhem all around me, I could kick back my feet and await the weekend long before my colleagues could. That strawberry was good, yes...



But in the end, we (my colleagues, with a little, very little, bit of help from yours truly) managed to neatly pack everything in anticipation of the movers..err...moving in.




Having done the seemingly impossible and compressed the seemingly uncompressible, the good department collectively heaved a sigh of relief. Until Monday, that is, when we had to speedily unpack that which we hastily packed.



This is my new work station [it's smaller than the last :( ] in it's semi-arranged state...



And this is what our fine management gave everyone in view of the fortitude with which we bore our inconveniences. That was so sweet - the gesture, I mean, though the chocolate wafers are really quite sweet (and very tasty too)...



Of course, because I do not have collective files to unpack, and because I cannot help my colleagues asI am not privy to the individual sections' systems of arrangement, and because (being busy unpacking) nobody needs my professional advice, I have yet another pocket of time where I can kick back my legs, enjoy the wafers and...err... blog during office hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment