Friday, June 6, 2014

Troubled Travels 2013 - Cleveland

For those of you who have not read earlier parts of my blog, there was a tumor found at the back of my eye, discovered after an operation to re-attach my retina. The doctors in Singapore did not really know what it was, until a visiting professor from the US diagnosed it as a melanoma. It being a very rare condition for Asians, treatment was only available in the States. And that was where I went for my operation. It's called plaque, or brachytherapy, where they irradiate the tumor for a few days by attaching a radioactive plaque over the tumor and then removing it a few days later. So that was 3 operations in the space of one and a half months for me.

These are some shots of Cleveland. These were before the operation.


This is the Cleveland Clinic where I had the operation. It's a nice place to recuperate.



No comments:

Post a Comment