Sunday, November 20, 2011

Semester 1 of the NUS MBA

Hello everybody,

I'm studying hard for my MBA first semester exams. In fact, I just finished my Operations Management final take-home assignment and so am taking a break.

It was just barely Wednesday when I finished my last, and favourite class, of the semester - Management and Organisation. It seems only yesterday when I arrived for my first lesson.

To celebrate the passing of a term, we all had pizza....




Our lecturer David always has us play a game in the second half of class - with attractive prizes for the winners! Our task tonight was as interesting as it was unique. To find out what it was, join the course!



This is the winning team's design...



Of course, the games are always meant to have us learn something. I won't spoil it for you save to say that research shows that students like us generally do worse than kindergarten kids.

This is Mikela with David. She is a Swiss exchange student with Turkish roots studying in a Spanish school (Esade, was it?) We speak in French when we want to snigger behind others' backs. Heh... It was Mikela's last ever class before she obtained her Double Masters. She promised that she would cry but reneged...



This is a picture of our class and the prof... The fact that I owned the most sophisticated camera meant that I had the plum seat....



I'm sure one day the memory of this course will be one which I will cherish forever. For now, I'm just wondering how I will get through, first, my econs exam, and then, my Management & Organisations Case... Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment