Sunday, November 6, 2011

NUS MBA Business Study Trip To Korea - Wednesday - Cat Cafe

My friend and I were walking down an alley at Myeongdong after dinner when she suddenly squealed... "Look at that person in the yellow catsuit... So cute..."

"Yeah...yeah... Another gimmick... Are we done shopping?" I said. "Oh wait... They're advetising a new Cat Cafe... We must go!!!"

"NO-o-o-o.... I want so sh-o-o-op....."

And so it was that we searched out the new Cafe at one of the upper floors of a shophouse....

And we almost didn't go in, mind, for my friend was a little put off by the 8,000 Won entrance fee. But she was 'won over' by the warmth of the staff and my offer of a subsidy ('"Korean Won" over' in this case, if you get what I mean)...

And I was bowled over when I stepped in. I mean, no disrespect to the pet cafes in Singapore, but we don't often see lots of cats, and the few I have been too, there are precious few dogs at non-peak hours - they depend on guests to bring their own pets to make up the numbers. This place however, was teeming with cats - I think maybe 20 of them? And they were all 'house cats', meaning they slept at the place. And, true to the dynamics of my running tiff with Lady Luck, my camera ran out of juice when we entered the place. I did manage to coax out some pics though...

We were met at the reception by a Russian Blue lounging on the counter..



Together with this guy, who later moved back to his normal resting spot....






And that's the thing. The cats, or at least some of them, were extremely active, moving all around the place, meaning that even if my camera had been fully charged, I would have difficulty taking pictures of all of them anyway - because they don't really stop to pose, and because of my lack of skill with the apparatus...



There were some who were rather more lethargic... or shall we say restful... than others though...




This guy in particular hardly moved the whole time we were there...




This cat, the 'hairless one' (the "Spinx"?), on the other hand, was super active, always wanting attention... Poor thing, though... Most of the guests preferred furry cats, so he was often ignored...



I took a picture of these guys because they looked the most like my own cat...






And this guy because, as my friend said, his fur resembled a carpet...





And these guys because they willingly posed for pictures for me....








And if you're wondering if, with 15 or so odd cats, that place, well, err.. stank, it did not at all. For it seems that the cats all seemed to know where to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment