Friday, July 1, 2011

Malacca Trip - Part 5

After a good night's sleep, made better by the fact that Man U won and Arsenal drew, I woke up to quite a nice view of the sea. Looks like a but of reclamation works, however...





No matter, we were soon whisked of to the city centre for some OT2 again (own time own target), which meant that we were free to explore the historical monuments which dotted Malaysia's most historic town...




These were apparently reconstructions of old fort ramparts and/or remains... They were found quite prominently smack in the city centre amidst many modern buildings...




For some reason, my affinity with water that weekend was strong and I found myself buying a ticket for a boat ride down the Malacca River...








One sure could tell the cruise was popular. Careful....



And then we were off on our journey, which saw us go past many bridges...






And the now famous riverside windmill.



And then the sky began looking ominous again...



And it started to rain!!



What the-!!!




Everybody started huddling in the relative safety of the centre of the boat, leaving me one of the few stranded on the outside (I mean, I couldn't in good conscience and chivalry compete for space with women and kids right?). As the heretofore placid waters became just a tad more choppy, I got a fair dose of Malacca River all over my face as the boat bobbed rocked, causing more than the occasional big splash.

But no matter, for after gathering at the designated meeting point, we were soon off for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment