Friday, July 8, 2011

Intrigue In KL

Remember at the end of my last post I said the only thing I knew last night was that I was headed for KL?

Well, it turns out that the one place in Malaysia to which I am not permitted to go today is KL! That is because all major roads and transportation arteries to the capital have been blocked in anticipation of rallies and/or demonstrations by 3 different factions.

Turns out my bus had actually been slotted to stop somewhere in the city centre but had been diverted to Bandar Tasik Selatan and arrived there at 5.30am. Caught a cab with a young, rather inexperienced Singaporean chap who was headed for the mid-Valley Cititel and insisted on leaving straight away even though I told him the Eksecutif Teksi would set him back a bomb. He persisted and the fare, complete with midnight charges, was close to RM100...

Well, at least I was able to relive some memories here. It seems just like yesterday when Jac and I were strolling around this place (Bangsai in Bangsar!), which looks exactly the same!





(Bangsai in Bangsar)



Guess it's a far better place to wait out the complications in the city centre than Bandar Tasik... though I wonder what I'll do for the rest of the day, as the blockade will officially only end at around 10pm (I've got a hotel booked at Bukit Bintang!)

Looks like its going to be an exciting day for our neighbours... The Star's headline screams "Stay Away" while the New Straits Times's reads "Breaking the Law"....



Will try to post updates of anything interesting later....

No comments:

Post a Comment