Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self-Pity

"If there is something less useful that one could do than to constantly daydream about the future, it would be to ceaselessly rue the past..." - The Slug

I think that in years gone by, one of my greatest failings was my reluctance to rouse myself into action to make my dreams a reality.

It just struck me, however, that in recent times, I have stopped even my day dreaming, spending instead most of my reflective moments wondering what might have been:- if this circumstance had been slightly less harsh, that result slightly better, if those events had played out differently.... If I had done some things earlier, said some things differently, chose another path, made a different selection....

But I would like to think that it is too early for me to concede that the time has come where life begins to take away more than it gives. So maybe, for a start, I will start dreaming again.

Then at least I will once again be clearer about what I want out of life, where I want to go. Leaving only the small matter of how to get there...

1 comment: