Wednesday, September 21, 2011

NUS MBA Business Study Trip To Korea - Sunday Part 1

Hi everybody, I was recently in Korea on an MBA business study trip. I arrived there on Sunday 18 September and hoped to give daily updates but am only able to write about my trip now because my hotel room was not possessed of free broadband or wifi...

Anyhow, our plane took off from Singapore Changi Airport at 2350 on Saturday night and we arrived early in the morning at Incheon Airport...






We were met at the airport by a chartered bus. This is our I/C from the MBA office. His name is Aaron and he is really, really cool... I would be having serious palpitations if I were female and he was unattached. However, neither proposition is true so I'm fine.



It was my first time to Korea so I was keen to take pictures of the roads and scenery leading up to Seoul...




Apparently, there is a high speed train from the airport. I say high speed because this thing was clearly travelling faster than our bus, which was not super fast, but not a slouch either...



One thing I noticed early was that the highways are often dotted with pretty, brightly coloured bridges...





After around 45 minutes, we were in Seoul. And this was the National Assembly, which was very nearby our hotel...




And this was where we would stay for the next 6 days....



Checking in with a group of 20 people was always going to be a hassle. Given that I had hardly slept in the airport and that it was too early for us to go to our rooms, I was rather irritable and thus did not take any pictures.

I was not the only one and, sensing our disquiet, it was suggested that we do some sightseeing first....

Have to run now so more of that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment